The Wilton Volunteer Ambulance Corps., Inc. (WVAC) is there for you when you need us. WVAC’s annual fundraising drive is underway. Be our partner in saving lives!
Who We Are: WVAC is a team of more than 50 certified Emergency Medical Technicians and
Emergency Medical Responders.
- Our purpose is to provide the highest quality prehospital emergency medical care.
- For 37 years, we have provided the primary emergency medical service in town.
- Our volunteers donate 18, 500 service hours per year to the people of Wilton.
- Our annual call volume is increasing at a rate of 9% annually (1,350 calls in 2012).
What We Do: WVAC is on call for you and your family 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. In addition, we are actively involved in the community we serve, as we provide:
- Complimentary “Hands- Only” CPR training to residents
- Standby assistance at local sporting and civic events
- Safety education to Town organizations such as SafeRides
- A monthly health awareness column for the Wilton Bulletin
How Your Contribution Helps Us Serve You: The Town of Wilton pays our Worker’s Compensation Insurance premium as required by State Statute, and less than 10% of our operating expenses. We depend on the generosity of the community we serve to help defray such expenses as:
- The purchase ($250,000) and maintenance of our ambulances
- The acquisition of technologically advanced medical and communications equipment
- Continuing education and training for our members
WVAC is a not for profit 501(c)(3), independent, tax-exempt, charitable organization. All donations are tax-deductible. Please help us keep this vital community service strong by making a generous donation today.Share